How to Make Sweet Corncob Treats
Not only do I love to make snacks the kids can just grab, but these are even better because they are on sticks – everyone loves a treat on a stick. Don’t know why exactly that is, but it is true – trust!!
These Corncob Treats were amongst a pile of recipes I had torn out of a magazine, possibly years ago. If you follow me you have seen me baking it up in the kitchen lately – that is because I have finally gone through some of the piles. I really liked this one because it is easy, adorable and a treat the kids will gobble up for sure.
Now let me walk you through step by step just how easy these are to make – are you ready?
What you will need to create these Sweet Corncob Treats:
- 3 Tbsp Butter or Margarine
- 4 Cups Mini Marshmallows
- 2 Cups Popped Popcorn (I used a bag of microwave popcorn)
- 2 Cups Puffed Cereal (I used Kix)
- 1 Cup Candy Corn
- Craft Sticks/Wooden Sticks
1. Melt your Butter/Margarine on low heat until melted
2. Add in your Mini Marshmallows until they all melt – stir constantly
3. Remove from heat and stir in your Popped Popcorn
4. Add in your cereal (again I used Kix)
5. Mix in your Candy Corn
6. Form 8 Corncobs about 4 inches long with your hands. Tip: Spray your hands with cooking spray to help them not stick to you. Then insert the sticks and let them cool.
Told ya it was EASY!!!
Have fun when displaying them too – I actually used the husks from feed corn growing in the farm at the end of my road – shhhh. I gave the corn to my chickens and saved the rest because I knew I would be able to use it at some point. It was perfect for this treat don’t ya think?