How to Make Fudge Covered Oreo Owl Cookie Pops
These Fudge Covered Oreo Owl Cookie Pops are perfect for your Fall, Halloween or Owl Party Theme. They are a sweet treat including the kids favorite cookie, the Oreo, along with other candies the kids love.
A few years ago I created these Oreo Bat Cookie Pops and when revisiting the post I remembered that night my sister creating one into an owl (picture of it on that post). So this year I decided to create my own Owl Cookie Pop incorporating some ideas I have seen and then some of my own.
I think they came out sooo adorable – ok I have to say it; They’re a HooT!! Of course I will share with you step by step how I made them so you can recreate them yourself – as always Super EASY.
Are you ready? Ok lets go…
- Fudge covered Oreos – I used Coconut Delight Flavor (new flavor btw delicious)- u can use any flavor
- Mini Oreos
- Brown M&Ms
- Candy Corns
- Fall Colored Nonpareils
- Milk Chocolate Melting Wafers
- Make n Mold Fine Point Decorating Bottle (Explained Below)
- Cookie Pop Sticks
- Wax/Freezer Paper
I prep all my parts ahead of time for the amount I am making.
1. I started by tracing one of the Fudge covered Oreos on Freezer Paper because I did not have any Wax Paper in the house (see Oreo Bat Cookie Pop tutorial for that method HERE) and then added ears to it. I did three at a time – you could do more, but I do a few so my chocolate stays melted long enough. I put the paper on top of a clipboard to hold it in place, but any hard surface will work.
2. Take your Fall Colored Nonpareils and cut them in half. Have a sharp knife and push down evenly. Yes you will have some casualties, but those are a bonus cause u eat them – lol.
3. Open up your mini Oreo Cookies and you want to keep the sides with the creme on them for the eyes and you just eat the other half.
4. Lay out your Fudge covered Oreos, Candy Corns, pick out your Brown M&Ms and we are ready for assembly!!
The Make n Mold Fine Point Decorators Bottle is just a microwavable bottle that allows you to put in your chocolate melting wafers and has a fine tip so you can squeeze out the chocolate. I picked them up years ago at AC Moore (Craft Store) and use them all the time now. You stick your Chocolate Melting Wafers into it and it goes right into the Microwave to melt. Wilton also sells them and you can find them online – Here.
5. Once you have melted your chocolate in your bottle fill in the pattern you drew out on your freezer/wax paper.
6. Next place your cookie stick into the chocolate and add a little more chocolate on top to cover it up.
7. Now carefully set one of the Fudge covered Oreos on top of the wet chocolate.
9. Now you have two eyes !!
10. Dab more chocolate onto the top of the mini Oreos
11. Place your M&Ms onto the mini Oreos
13. Place the Candy Corn beak on your Owl
14. Add some chocolate to the back of the Nonpareil half
15. Stick on your Owl and give it wings
Now stick them in the freezer about 5 minutes to harden and set up. They should then pop right off the paper and you are ready to make the next batch.
Tip: You may find that you have some cookie crumbs on the white of your mini Oreo eyes – just take a toothpick and carefully scrap it off.
That’s it – an Owl is born!!
Be sure to check out my tutorial on how to make these Oreo Bat Cookie Pops – they would go great with the Owls and also very EASY to make as always.